Skip to main content

Mystery Meat


How many of you would buy a package of meat advertised in this way?  How did they even know how much to charge if the meat is unknown?  There is no way that most of us would consider putting that into our bodies.

And yet, if we put a generic label of Christian on a product we have all kinds of people who will uncritically make it a part of their life.  We don't know where it comes from, what the people producing it believe, what their goal is and yet it's labelled Christian so we give it the benefit of the doubt.  Ought we not to be taking at least the same care with our spiritual diet that we do with our physical diet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage