Skip to main content

Of Personal Interest

The town in which I pastor has become the site of the latest church plant of a Harvest Church.  This church is part of the "denomination" (sorry I don't know a better word to use) begun by radio preacher James MacDonald.  Southern Ontario has been one of the most fertile grounds anywhere for this type of church.  Hence it was a great surprise to discover that MacDonald has just announced at the Southern Baptist Convention that Harvest will become a Southern Baptist Church.

This announcement has already caused great consternation because of conflicts between SBC church polity and that of Harvest.  My concern is for the many local Harvest churches here in Canada.  Where does this leave them?  Are they expected to become Southern Baptist as well?

See the announcement HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage