Skip to main content

I Have a Dream

Today in 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr., delivered his famous "I have a dream" speech during the March on Washington.  It is sad that over fifty years later there is still so much hate.  The issue of racism seems to be a never-ending sin that plagues our world.

It is particularly sad when those who identify as Christians practice racism.  Anyone who reads and believes the Bible should find no place in their hearts for hatred based on something as superficial as skin colour.  In fact, as I read my Bible, I see it teach that there are no different races.  There is but one race - the human race.  Whatever the colour of our skin, we were created in the image of God.  Whatever the colour of our skin, we were all purchased by the precious blood of Jesus.  In Christ we are one.

Jesus loves the little children.
ALL the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white.
ALL are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage