Skip to main content

Pastors, not Mind Readers

SEVEN AREAS WHERE PASTORS HAVE FAILED AT READING MINDS

Thom. S Rainer

On rare occasions, I wish I could read minds.
Granted, most of the time I have no desire to know what’s on the minds of others. But there have been times when I wish I knew exactly what my wife would like for her birthday or our anniversary. When I was a pastor, however, it would have really come in handy. Today, hardly a week goes by where pastors do not share a story with me about their failure at mind reading. Here are seven common examples.
  1. When a church member is sick or in the hospital. “I got chewed out by a church member a month ago,” a pastor shared with me. “I failed to visit her while she was in the hospital. When I told her I didn’t know she was in the hospital, she responded that I should have.”
Read On


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage