Skip to main content

Jen Hatmaker

I have been reluctant to say anything about Jen Hatmaker's pro-LGBT statements from last week.  Some of the young women associated with our congregation are infatuated with this charismatic speaker.  I have taken flak in the past for being critical of her stance on World Vision's policy on homosexual employees.  "You're not a woman, so you can't speak to this issue." "You don't have homosexual friends, so you can't speak to this issue."  Apparently truth is trumped by gender and friendship.

So instead of speaking to the issue, I am going to direct all my readers to an article by someone who is qualified to speak to Jen Hatmaker.  She is a woman and she used to be a lesbian.  She is qualified.

Love Your Neighbor Enough to Speak Truth

A Response to Jen Hatmaker by Rosaria Butterfield

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage