Skip to main content

Quotation of the Week

The more that I get to know my own heart, the more sinful I see it is. Scripture testifies to the stark reality that the heart of man is the problem of man. We can look around the world and see all sorts of evil in all shapes and sizes, and it all comes from one place: the heart. Sin is not something outside of us that causes us to stumble or do bad things. Sin comes from within. Jesus himself preached that all evil comes from within the heart. We are our own worst enemy.

Joshua Jenkins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage