It annoys me that we still fight in churches over music. There is no area where Christians express less mercy than when the church doesn't pander to their particular musical tastes. Many accuse the older people of this, but I have found that young people are just as rigid in their demands. So last year in a sermon, I joked that we were going to all bagpipes all the time. Who knew that I was ahead of my time.
Starting a Family Devotion Time by Michael Kelley I haven’t always been a family devotion guy. It’s not because I didn’t want or aspire to be, I honestly did. But we went a long time as a family before pulling the trigger and trying to integrate this practice into the regular rhythm of our family life. We’ve been doing morning devotions together for about five years now – long enough to where our kids expect that we will. It’s a long road, as are most things with young children I’m finding out. Though revival doesn’t break out every morning over eggs and toast, our continued hope and prayer is that times like these build into the love and discipline our children will have in the future when it comes to God’s Word. Through those five years, we’ve tried different things, failed at a bunch, and have learned some things along the way. So, as encouragement to those of you just starting out or maybe some affirmation for those of you already in ...

Comments