Skip to main content

Sola Christus

Yesterday for Reformation Sunday we looked at the truth that salvation is through CHRIST ALONE.  Here are five implications of that great truth.


1. When Christ died on the Cross, he completed the work of salvation. That’s why he cried out "It Is Finished" (John 19:30). 

2. Saving faith is nothing less than total reliance on Christ alone, wholly apart from human works or human effort of any kind. 

3. We may come directly to Christ without human mediators. 

4. When Christ saves us, we are completely saved and eternally saved. 

5. We must preach Christ and not self-improvement, because apart from Christ there is no hope of salvation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage