Skip to main content

Incarnation Part Two

Yesterday I mentioned my focus this Christmas on Hebrews chapter two.  There is a terrific follow-up in Hebrews 4 to the first passage on Christ's incarnation.


14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(Heb 4:14-16 ESV)

One of the great hang-ups I have about the idea of confessing my sins to anyone lies in the fear of rejection that might result.  If someone knew the real wickedness that can exist in this heart of mine, I would not blame them for turning their back on me and walking away.

These verse assure us that Jesus will never do that.  He has been here and experienced all the temptations that we experience.  The result of the incarnation is sympathy not rejection. We can draw near to Him knowing that we will not find condemnation.  Instead, we will only find mercy and grace to help us in our time of need.

What a wonderful Saviour!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage