Skip to main content

Tarred with the Same Brush?

As a Christian, I have had to listen to untold numbers of atheists, Muslims, academics, liberals tell me how awful my religion is because of the Crusades and the Inquisition.  I try to tell them that my denomination of Christianity had nothing to do with those events and, in fact, did not even exist when any of those things were happening.  It matters not.  I am a Christian, therefore, I am guilty of all those horrendous crimes ever committed in the name of Christ.

Within the last twenty-four hours, two horrendous terrorists actions have taken place.  The religion which motivated those actions will, as usual, get a pass by all the same people who beat up on Christians.  We will be told ad nauseum that most adherents of the religion are peaceful or that there are only a few radicals who are causing the problem.  When will the rest be tarred with the same brush that is used for Christians?

If Christians had followed our Founder, Jesus, there never would have been crusades or an Inquisition.  If the followers of Islam faithfully follow their founder, Mohammed, there will always be horrendous acts of terrorism.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage