Skip to main content

Families' Fridays

An Interesting little article from Daniel Huerta at Focus on the Family.

Are You Kind to Your Kids?

A friend once asked me if I thought I was a kind parent. At first, I wasn't clear on what he meant. Loving? I show my kids love every day. Altruistic? As a dad, I frequently put my kids' needs before my own desires. I'm there to help them when they're sick, hurt or struggling with long division. Just recently, I let my son have the last scoop of ice cream. And I love ice cream.
Kindness and parenting

As parents, we don't often consider the concept of
kindnesswithin the context of parenting. We treat co-workers and store clerks and strangers on the street with kindness. Does this relationship dynamic really apply to all the big work that goes into parenting?

Read the rest HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage