Skip to main content

The Offense of the Cross

Tim Keller: Cross of Christ Is Offensive in All Sorts of Ways
Michael Gryboski

During a lecture at the annual Gospel Coalition Conference in Indianapolis, the outgoing senior pastor of the New York-based Redeemer Presbyterian Church spoke about the Bible passage of Galatians 6, namely boasting in the cross.
In order to accept the central importance of the cross, Keller told those gathered at the conference on Wednesday morning that they must accept "the offense of the cross."
"You don't understand the doctrine of the cross, you never truly come to grips with it unless you feel the offense of it," said Keller.

Read the Whole Article at Christian Post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage