Skip to main content

Rock of Ages

There is one common denominator in all religions made by human beings - works.  All of them preach that we must do something in order to earn eternal reward.  True Christianity is different from all religions in this striking point.  It teaches that it is not what you do, but whom you trust that determines your eternal destiny.  It is not what you do, but what Jesus did that earns salvation.  As we come to the Easter Season, we ought not to focus on what we bring.  Instead, our attention and adoration must be upon Jesus the author and finisher of our faith! 

Nothing in my hand I bring
Simply to Thy cross I cling.

Rock of Ages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage