Skip to main content

The Spirit and Christ

"We are not baptized in the Spirit, but into Christ by the Spirit.  We do not participate in the life of the Spirit, but in the life of Christ by the life-giving power of the Spirit.  All of the Spirit's activity has Christ as the reference point, and where the Spirit himself is given center-stage, we can be certain that it is not the Holy Spirit who is active in such settings (John 15:26).  We bear 'the fruit of the Spirit' only as we are in union with the Vine."

Michael Horton, In the Face of God, Word Publishing, 1996, pg. 130.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage