Skip to main content

Infinte Variety

We attended Millisle Baptist Church yesterday.  It was a special service to mark the end of the year's Sunday School program.  The children participated in the service.  I did not know any of the songs that were sung.  The style was different than any service I have been a part of in the last year.  I sat in an uncomfortable chair in an overflow area of the building.  There were a dozen things that I could have complained about if I had the mind to.  But. . . God was glorified.  Therefore, it was a service worth attending.

We serve a God of infinite variety.  The evidence of this surrounds us in His creation.  Yet when we come to worship, we want to limit acceptable worship to our own particular style and preference.  It is good to occasionally expand our boundaries and observe how our brothers and sisters in other places and cultures worship our same Lord. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage