Skip to main content

I Just Don't Get It

I have to confess that I am a pretty black and white sort of fellow.  When it comes to people I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.  However, once a person has deliberately lied to me or deceived me, I have significant trouble extending any more trust.  I'm funny that way - figuring that if someone was willing to deceive me once, they are likely to be willing to do it again.

That is why I just don't get something. I don't get the progressive's approach to the Bible.  I was reading an article online today where the writer was waxing eloquent about the great day when no one believes in hell anymore.  We all will be so loving and kind as we await God swooping us up into His loving arms in heaven.  I personally think the article was sheer wishful thinking, but harder yet for me to understand is the writer's approach to the Bible.  He clearly believes that all the talk in the Bible about hell is a pack of lies.  Yet, he seems to accept what the Bible teaches about love and heaven.  Why?  If the Bible lies about one thing, how on earth can I believe what it says about anything else?

I guess that is why to me it is an all or nothing proposition.  Either the whole Bible is true or it is all false.  If parts of it are false, how could I ever trust it for the eternal destiny of my soul?  I guess I'm just simple like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage