Skip to main content

Happy Canada Day

Canada is a nice place to live. Unfortunately, like all western democracies, we as a nation have consistently been turning away from the God who has been so gracious to us.  We have enshrined evil in our laws and have celebrated its presence in our culture.  We pride ourselves on being among the world's most tolerant people, but we are growing in our intolerance for all things related to Jesus. So, while my prayer on this day is still that God might bless Canada, I realistically recognize that if He were to judge us according to our works, wrath would be the consequence.  So, for this Canada day, my prayer will be for mercy and grace.  My prayer will be the very prayer that is enshrined in our national anthem.

Ruler supreme, who hearest humble prayer,
Hold our Dominion in thy loving care;
Help us to find, O God, in thee
A lasting, rich reward,
As waiting for the better Day,
We ever stand on guard.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage