Skip to main content

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

Today I drove from Portavogie, Northern Ireland to Templeglantine, south of Limerick city in the south of Ireland.  That is pretty close to crossing the whole of the island of Ireland on the diagonal.  It took just less than six hours.  For a Canadian like myself, that seems absolutely amazing.  Six hours of driving from my home in Ontario will barely get me to the edge of the next province.  Crossing the country takes days.  How small Ireland seems by comparison.


As I sit here recovering from the drive, it occurs to me how small the universe is to our God.  He doesn't take 6 hours to get anywhere.  He traverses the billions of light years of space in an instance.  He is present everywhere at once.  There is nowhere one can go from His presence.

Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,"
even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. (Psa 139:7-12 ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage