Skip to main content

Quotation of the Week

This quotation is taken from an article by Jim Elliff.  In the article he addresses the tactics used by relevant new churches to seek members.

I know what this church is intending to say. But when you add it up, their message does not promote the growth of the kingdom of God as a whole. It demeans even good people and good churches made up of true believers who don’t measure up to their idea of what church life should be. And it designs to create distaste for even true churches if they differ from their style. It is arrogant. It may be about that church’s growth, but it isn’t about kingdom growth. They project an “openness” that is really very narrow; a relevance that is not relevant at all; and a concern that is grossly self-serving.

To get the full context, read the article HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage