Skip to main content

Should I See "The Shack."

The debate has raged for the last number of months on Christian social media about whether we ought to go see "The Shack." The answer has been brought to us by the author himself.  He has just published a new book called "Lies We Believe about God."  In it he openly reveals that he has seriously departed from historic Christian doctrine.

Who originated the Cross? . . . If God did, then we worship a cosmic abuser, who in Divine Wisdom created a means to torture human beings in the most painful and abhorrent manner. Frankly, it is often this very cruel and monstrous god that the atheist refuses to acknowledge or grant credibility in any sense. And rightly so. Better no god at all, than this one. (Paul Young)

Read a good article on Young's heretical doctrine HERE.

So - no - don't waste your money on the Shack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage