Skip to main content

The Christmas Concert

This afternoon I watched the Christmas concert put on by our Christian School children.  It included all the elements that I love in these concerts.  It had cute little ones dressed as shepherds and angels.  It included those who had trouble remembering their lines.  It even included that one child who unconsciously did something in front of the whole audience that would have absolutely mortified his mother.

There is no doubt in my mind that Simon Cowell would have given the whole program a thumbs down if he had been judging the program.  Fortunately, an even more important judge was watching this program, and I am convinced that His evaluation was overwhelmingly positive.  You see, we have allowed ourselves to fall into the patterns of evaluation common in this world.  Music must be professional, slick - perfect, in order to be good.  The music I heard today was none of those things.  But it was joyful, heartfelt and glorifying to God.  To the ultimate judge, who sits on the throne of heaven, it was a wonderful program.

"' Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies you have prepared praise'" Matt. 21:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage