Skip to main content

Let Me Introduce You

This week I would like to start a new feature that will appear from time to time on this site.  In it, I would like to introduce my church family to individuals within Christianity who are worth getting to know.  They may not all be identical to us in every nuance of doctrine, but they are godly individuals who have blessed me with their ministry and who are making a difference for the cause of Jesus Christ. 

I want to start with a gentleman by the name of Justin Peters.  I will allow Justin to introduce himself and tell of his background on his website justinpeters.org.  I want to tell you, instead, why this man has made such an impact upon me.  Justin has cerebral palsy.  On the scale of that malady, his level would be described as moderate.  What this means practically is that left to his own abilities, it takes him two hours to get ready in the morning.  It is a debilitating condition.  Honestly, it makes anything I endure completely insignificant by comparison.

Recently I heard Justin interviewed by Todd Friel of Wretched Radio.  In that interview, Justin was asked if there was ever a time when he went to God and said "God this just isn't fair."  Justin's response moved my soul.  If I may quote him as best I recall, he said "Any time God gives me better than hell, He gives me more than I deserve."   That statement alone makes this man worth knowing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage