Skip to main content

Why I Believe

I had a little guy in my office today.  He was struggling with believing that there really was a Jesus and a heaven and whether he really could trust the Bible.  We talked for a while about why we should trust something.  For me it really comes down to one answer.  If the Bible is trustworthy in the things I can check, then I trust it to be trustworthy for the things I can't check.


This picture is of one of the caves of Qumran where the dead sea scrolls were found.  Before their discovery, so-called scholars believed that the Old Testament had been gradually revised and edited to come up with the text that we have today.  However, the scrolls found in these caves which had been hidden away for 1900 years, show that the text we have is virtually identical to the text Jesus had all those years ago. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage