Skip to main content

You Can Judge a Book by Its Cover

The old saying is that "you can't judge a book by its cover."  However, I was just listening to Wretched Radio and they argued that in the Christian world you can judge a Christian book by its cover.  They concluded there was one basic question that can be asked to discern whether a book is a bad one.  Does it have the author's picture on the cover?  All the books by Christianity's false prophets and health and wealth prosperity preachers have the preacher's picture on the front.  That should tell us that the book is really about them; not Jesus.  They are the celebrities and their faces will sell the book.  Books that honour Jesus, don't need a celebrity endorsement.

Check it out the next time you visit a Christian book store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage