Skip to main content

All Oprah fans need to read this article

Undercover at Oprah's Tour

Paula Hendricks
Paula Hendricks | 09.22.14
"We come from the stars. . . . How amazing is that?" These were Oprah's opening words at The Life You Want Weekend 2014 Tour.

Undercover at Oprah's Tour

I know, because I was there. Oprah Winfrey’s The Life You Want Weekend Tour is drawing women like crazy, and I wanted to see what women are feasting on. What is Oprah feeding them? I figured I'd return to the office with fresh passion for why I do what I do.
I got that . . . and more.

As I slipped into my seat just minutes before the tour started with my pen and notebook, I asked God for compassion, wisdom, and discernment.

Those prayers quickly turned toward marriages and families as Elizabeth Gilbert encouraged women to go on a quest (even if it meant divorcing their husbands, as she did, in order to "find themselves").

I prayed for Rob Bell, who, according to TIME magazine, "is at the forefront of a rethinking of Christianity in America." I prayed big, that Rob would share the Gospel without even being able to help himself, but . . . alas. There was not one mention of sin or of our need for a Savior.

I prayed for speakers Oprah and Mark Nepo and Iyanla Vanzant. You might assume I left discouraged, disheartened, and thoroughly defeated, but just the opposite is true.
I left praying prayers of thankfulness.

Click Undercover at the top to read the rest of the article

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage