Skip to main content

Greater is He that is in you. . .

This morning I had a chat with a retired missionary.  His field of service was Africa.  During our time together, my associate asked him if had ever seen the power of Satan manifested in the culture in which e served.  He then told us about several incidents which he had witnessed where the power of the evil one gave someone abilities far beyond the human norm.  He told us the story of one of his colleagues, a single lady missionary, who was taken away and raped by a man under the devil's direct influence.  During the assault, the man moved a fallen tree that should have been far beyond his meagre strength.

In my materialistic 21st century world such things seem beyond belief.  However, the real demonstration of power had not yet been revealed in this story.  I asked the missionary what had happened to the dear lady who had suffered such horror.  The answer -  she was found, cared for, and continued to serve the people of Africa.

The Devil has power - there is absolutely no doubt.  But his power is limited to hate, murder, deceit. and destruction.  His power is ultimately all about death.  Only God's power can bring life, hope, love and forgiveness.  Which is greater - a power that can destroy that which is temporary or a power that can make a life better forever?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage