Skip to main content

What is an Evangelical?

The National Association of Evangelicals and Lifeway Research have come up with four criteria for what is means to be an Evangelical as reported by Christianity Today.

The criteria are:

  1. The Bible is the highest authority for what I believe. 
  2. It is very important for me personally to encourage non-Christians to trust Jesus Christ as their Savior.
  3. Jesus Christ’s death on the cross is the only sacrifice that could remove the penalty of my sin.
  4. Only those who trust in Jesus Christ alone as their Savior receive God's free gift of eternal salvation.
How do you measure up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage