Skip to main content

The Second Coming is upon us.

Christian blogs are positively a-twitter with anticipation of the second coming.  Writers are excited.  They are waiting with bated-breath.  They are jumping at any little rumours and sharing them ecstatically with one another.

I wish I was talking about the Second Coming of Jesus.

The Christian blogosphere is a-boggle with the coming of the Star Wars franchise or with the supposed return of the next edition of the Star Trek enterprise. 

Listen - I confess to being a geek.  I like sci-fi as much as anyone.  Yet, I find myself deeply troubled by the breathless worship by so many Christian bloggers concerning these franchises. 

Do we  have even a fraction of this kind of anticipation for something truly important like the second coming of Jesus? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage