Skip to main content

A piece written by a women to other women that every man needs to read

Dear Ladies,

You don't know me. I'm the woman from the other side of the screen. I was the woman who loved that man you "didn't cheat" with. I was the one who waited for him in bed while he was downstairs with you.

I stayed up as late as I could, most nights. I waited, one time, perched on the side of the bed in a seductive pose, in a seductive outfit... He didn't know I was waiting, it was supposed to be a fun surprise; but instead he stayed downstairs with you. Eventually I crawled under the covers and went to sleep.

I found you, all of you. One morning I wanted to see what had kept him from me and I found you... all of you. You took my breath away. I realized very quickly why he laughed when he discovered me in my lingerie and why he told me that I looked ridiculous. I can't compete with you. You're almost perfect. You're willing to do all of the things that I am not, and you seem to enjoy them.

He would come to me every single night, unless I had displeased him in some way. On those nights he would spend the beginning of the sleeping hours with you ladies. You never let him down. You never left dishes in the sink, embarrassed him in front of his friends, asked for too many compliments, or demanded his respect. In fact, you didn't need anything from him except his lust and his credit card, and he seemed happy to give to you both.

I tried to be like you! I wore more revealing clothes; I spent money trying to make my body look like yours; I whispered the things that I wanted him to do to me in his ear, all the while praying that he'd never make me do them. He seemed to like me more this way, but I never could rid myself of that nagging habit of requesting his respect. So unfortunately he would still slip out of bed some nights when he thought I was asleep so that he could go spend time with you.

He didn't cheat on me though, right? He never slept with you. He never even met you, or spoke to you, or interacted with you in any way... So why is it that when I thought about you I wished I could have curled up into a ball tight enough that it would compress my heart hard enough to stop the bleeding? If he wasn't being "unfaithful", why is it that I am sure it was you he was picturing every time his eyes were closed while he was with me? If you weren't his mistresses, why was it that I lost hours of his time so that he could be alone with you instead of with me?

I wish you had touched him, and kissed him, and been intimate with him. At least then the pain I felt would have made sense. Nobody would have told me "Boys will be boys!" or "Stop overreacting, every man does it." At least then I could have left and saved myself 8 years of degradation. Nobody judges a woman who leaves a man who cheated on her.

Sincerely,
I left anyway
*Porn is cheating. I know this now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Families' Fridays

Starting a Family Devotion Time by Michael Kelley I haven’t always been a family devotion guy. It’s not because I didn’t want or aspire to be, I honestly did. But we went a long time as a family before pulling the trigger and trying to integrate this practice into the regular rhythm of our family life.  We’ve been doing morning devotions together for about five years now – long enough to where our kids expect that we will. It’s a long road, as are most things with young children I’m finding out. Though revival doesn’t break out every morning over eggs and toast, our continued hope and prayer is that times like these build into the love and discipline our children will have in the future when it comes to God’s Word.  Through those five years, we’ve tried different things, failed at a bunch, and have learned some things along the way. So, as encouragement to those of you just starting out or maybe some affirmation for those of you already in ...

Oops!

I can be a real klutz.  I have very few manual skills and I never grew out of the "tripping over my own feet" stage of life.  I have fumbled and dropped more than my fair share of balls. In other words, "oops" has been a regular part of my vocabulary. It is not only in the physical world that I have fumbled things.  I have messed up relationships.  I have prejudged people before ever getting to know them.  I have used and abused those who love me most in this world.  I have failed and sinned my way into more than one tight corner and created untold disasters.  Oops is not even sufficient for the ways that I have blown it. Perhaps that is why something Paul, our worship leader last Sunday, said resonated so deeply with me this week.  He said "Oops is never said in heaven."  Our God never is clumsy.  He never makes mistakes. His plans never go belly-up.  He never fails.  He never ever has to say oops - and that comforts me.

The Incarnation

This Christmas I have been contemplating a passage that I have never heard preached at Christmas.  It is Hebrews 2:14-18. 14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. 16 For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham. 17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.   Although there is no baby in swaddling clothes in these verses, they powerfully describe the work of the incarnation - of God becoming man.  Christ came to share ou...