Skip to main content

Quotation of the Week

I think the modern worship music movement has been driving the church down a dangerous and sinister path. I think it’s because of the move away from theology and the fact the music itself isn't congregational. It doesn't bring people together anymore and the art form itself has been degraded completely.
Alternatively, I'm encouraged by churches that still emphasize the Gospel in what they sing. I've seen changes, but artistically and congregationally we have a long ways to go. It's not converting people to a hymn but confirming them to rich theological truth. That affects music, art and everything beyond it.

Keith Getty

For the full interview go HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage