Skip to main content

Why Does God Give Learning Troubles?

This is a thought-provoking article by Michelle Brock. 

How do you help your children work through discouragement academically, particularly if they struggle with dyslexia or some other disability? What if they’re just not good readers, and are discouraged with the difficulty?
I love being able to respond to these difficulties as they have them, but sometimes it’s helpful to have something to share with kids that can help them find and evaluate Scripture on their own before you discuss it with them.
If you’re interested, I’ve uploaded a document I wrote several years back on this topic. It’s a worksheet for children in 4-6th grade, although younger children will do fine with it if a parent or teacher reads it with them. Included in the document is a list of ways that God uses learning troubles in people’s lives. I love seeing how God actually turns learning disabilities into assets. What an amazing example of God’s power and love! Here is the disability worksheet ESV. Let me know if you’re able to use it, or if you have feedback!
The rest is found HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day Back After Vacation

There are few days in my life when I am more pathetic than the first day back to work after vacation.  My personal pity party is quite something to behold.  What is lacking is a good old dose of perspective to remind me that my "griefs" pale in comparison to what most of the world faces each day.  It took a comic strip to give me that perspective this morning.

Marriage